Those of you that know our consultants, or have read some of the blog posts on this website will be aware of our interest in on-going education and understanding, not only in our field of work but in the wider world. Here we list some of the online resources that are changing the way on-going education is delivered
- TED – For some time we have been avid followers of TED, a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design and now fulfils this purpose through a number of channels.
- RSA – The RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce) is an enlightenment organisation committed to finding innovative practical solutions to today’s social challenges. Founded in a coffee shop in Covent Garden in 1754, the RSA has a wealth of notable achievements and Fellows in its 250-year history.
- Coursera – This is a social entrepreneurship company that partners with the top universities in the world to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free. Their vision is a future where the top universities are educating not only thousands of students, but millions. Our technology enables the best professors to teach tens or hundreds of thousands of students.
- Khan Academy – The Khan Academy is an organization on a mission. A not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere. All of the site’s resources are freely available to anyone.
- edX – EdX is a not-for-profit enterprise of its founding partners Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology that features learning designed specifically for interactive study via the web. Based on a long history of collaboration and their shared educational missions, the founders are creating a new online-learning experience with online courses that reflect their disciplinary breadth.